To our valued clients,
The clinic is open for all services!
Your therapist will be wearing some recommended personal protective equipment as part of the re-opening guidelines. We will continue to ensure that all client contact surfaces are sanitized between appointments and as always, our strict personal hygiene measures will be upheld.
In keeping with the government’s policies; if you have traveled outside the country in the last 14 days or if you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms listed below, please call us to reschedule at least 2 hours prior to your appointment time. We reserve the right to cancel your appointment if you arrive showing Covid-19 symptoms.
- cough (new or worsened)
- sore throat
- runny nose
- shortness of breath
- difficulty breathing
- loss of smell or taste
Here is what will be expected of you:
- Please arrive only 5 minutes before your allotted appointment time to limit the number of people we have in the waiting area at one time.
- Wear a face covering – homemade/cloth or surgical mask, scarf or similar. If you forget or don’t have your own, there will be a limited supply available at the front desk for purchase
- Use the hand sanitizer provided at the front desk
- Attend your appointment time alone – please don’t bring children or other people at this time unless you are accompanying a child under 10 years of age who has an appointment booked.
- Be prepared for a health screening check and you will need to complete a waiver prior to treatment
- Please reschedule your appointment if you are feeling sick
Here is what you can expect from us:
- We will do self /team health screening checks everyday
- We will wear a mask & any other required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- We will clean and sterilize all client touch/exposure areas after each appointment
- All magazines will be removed from the waiting room
- The water cooler will be removed from waiting room
- We will space the waiting room chairs to comply with social distancing
- We will not treat anyone who is sick or showing symptoms of Covid-19
Our current policy of charging for missed appointments will be followed. This has been a particularly financially challenging time for everyone so we ask that you provide at least 2 hours notice if you need to cancel an appointment which will allow us to rebook someone else in at that time. Your massage therapist is compensated for completed treatments only.
Thank you for your patience as we work to make this process as smooth as possible. We look forward to seeing you all again soon, even if it’s a little different than we are used to.
Your team at Country Hills Massage